Happy 2nd birthday, my sweet girl!
My mind can't grasp how it has been 2 years since the first time I held you. I was in disbelief then, that you were mine, and I still am. So often I find myself having to catch my breath and my eyes swell with tears as I look at you in aw and with a love so pure, so selfless, so deep and strong.
I try my absolute hardest to soak in every moment in every day, yet it still seems to slip past me. It breaks my heart. I wish there was a way that I could slow down time, but since there isn't I'm going to cling to these pictures that capture our special bond.
Here are some of my favorite big and small moments from the past two years:
1. After delivery I looked up at Michael and said, "We did it." and his response was, "No, you did it."
2. The fact that Michael was the first to get pooped and peed on. (but definitely not the worst)
3. Me sitting on the floor with a pint of ice cream, crying with you, because there was nothing else that I could do. It killed me.
4. How the video I had taken one day of you crying one was sometimes the ONLY thing that could get you to stop crying in the future. I had to play it over and over again other wise the crying continued.
5. How we would have to stop and let you hug every animal when we were shopping.
6. The first time you looked up at me and said "I love you" all on your own.
7. How you would giggle when Michael would pop his lips.
8. Getting to witness the light bulb go off in your head when you figured out how to clap.
9. The time you said "oh, sorry" when the girl cut in front of you at the Chick-fil-a playscape
10. How reaching my hand behind, while driving, and letting you hold it or rubbing your cheek is enough to give you comfort.
Thank you for giving me the greatest gift and job. I will forever be greatful. I love you forever and always, my child.
Camisole also comes in multiple colors here and here. Topshop typically runs small. However, I'm wearing 6 US which fits like a 2-4. I had ordered the size 4 US as well to compare. I honestly keep debating which one I wanted to go with. After wearing the 6 US one time it got a bit loose on me. I was worried that I chose the wrong size but once it was washed it was fine. Bottom line, if you are in between sizes, it depends on how you like your clothes to fit. If you prefer more fitted do the smaller size. If you prefer them a little looser to the bigger one. I hope that helps!
My shorts are old but the paperbag style is big right now. Here are some other great options: These, these and these
Shoes come in 4 colors. I am wearing an 8 1/2. If in between sizes I would go with the smaller size
Berkeley's shoes comes in multiple colors
Photography by Brittney Duffy